ROUTES for REGISTERED RIDERS
- Blue Route – click here
- Green Route – click here
- Orange Route – click here
- Pink Route – click here
- Purple Route – click here
- Yellow Route – click here
Parent Drop Off/Pick up
- Drop off begins at 7:55 am and runs until 8:20 am
- Students may be dropped off either in the front car rider line or the side car rider line
- Any student dropped off after 8:20am will have to stop by the front desk to receive a late pass
- Pick up begins at 3:10pm and runs until 3:30pm
- Do not arrive to line up before 3:10
- K-1 students are picked up in the front car rider line
- 2-8 students are picked up in the back car rider line
- All students not picked up by 3:30 will be signed into aftercare
- Have car rider tag easily visible
- If you have forgotten your car rider tag, you must bring valid id to front office to pick up child
Buses are considered to be “mobile school sites” where students are expected to be on their best behavior.
Anytime you are riding a school bus, you may be audio/video recorded. School bus surveillance videos are considered “student records.” Student records are confidential and are not subject to disclosure and release under the Sunshine Law. Only a student and/or his or her parent may request release and view records that qualify as “student records.” The rights of a student and his or her parent protect both the student’s access to those records and the student’s privacy interests in the content of those records. School video recordings which include multiple students cannot be released to an individual parent as the tape contains “records” of all recorded students.
PARENTS are responsible for their child’s behavior at the bus stop prior to the arrival of the bus in the morning and after the departure of the bus at the end of the day. Bus drivers may issue bus referrals based on behaviors observed at the bus stop and administrators may investigate and discipline accordingly. See Florida Statue 232.28(3).
You must ride your assigned bus. Switching buses is not permitted.
RIDING THE BUS IS A PRIVILEGE
RULES WHILE ON THE BUS
The bus driver is in charge. You must obey the driver at all times. You must tell the bus driver your correct name when asked. You can be disciplined if you do not adhere to the following policies:
- Sit in your assigned seat and use the seat belt if available
- Stay seated at all times while the bus is in motion
- Do not put any part of your body outside the bus windows
- Do not distract the driver with loud conversation or noises
- Do not eat or drink on the bus
- Maintain absolute silence at all times when the overhead dome lights are on for railroad crossings
- Do not throw any items on the bus or out of the bus windows
- Do not mark, cut or damage bus seats or the bus itself
- Do not use obscene language or gestures
- Stay seated while bus is in motion
Electronics are not permitted, please refer to the above referenced electronics policy and discipline procedures. School staff is not responsible if these items are lost, stolen, or broken. This policy applies to the school bus routes also.
DISCIPLINE IF STUDENTS DO NOT FOLLOW THE BUS POLICIES
Violation of transportation policies, including disruptive behavior on a school bus or witnessed acts at a school bus stop with the bus present (FS 1006.10), by a student is grounds for suspension of the student’s privilege of riding on a school bus and may be grounds for disciplinary action by the school and may also result in criminal penalties being imposed. (FS 1006.07)
We believe that you and your fellow students, as well as the bus driver, should be able to ride safely on school buses. Therefore, if you misbehave you may be removed from the bus. If you commit minor infractions, the school bus driver has the authority to address your behavior appropriately. The bus driver will give the school a written referral. School administrator/designees can take any of the following disciplinary steps against you for misbehaving at a bus stop or on a bus, and will notify your parents, when they take any of these steps.
*Warning and phone call from bus driver. If behavior continues, a referral will be made to administration.
- 1st Infraction – 1 day
- 2nd Infraction – 3 days
- 3rd Infraction – 5 days
- 4th Infraction – Loss of bus privileges
The following infractions will result in an automatic 5 day (Step 3), or possible loss of bus privileges:
- Possession of weapons, illegal drugs or use of tobacco products and laser pens
- Students involved in fighting
- Profanity towards driver
- Use of matches, lighters or fireworks
- Sexual harassment (verbal or physical)
- Throwing of objects in or out of bus windows
- Use of any object or situation causing a safety problem
THINGS YOU CANNOT BRING ON THE BUS
- Glass containers of any kind
- Sharp Objects
- Roller skates or blades
- Any large or bulky item that interferes with proper seating of students
- Any animal
- Any electronic equipment
- Cologne, nail polish, hair spray, spray paint, or any aerosol chemicals
- Food, candy, gum or drinks
ISTC school buses use video surveillance in an effort to maintain safety. Video records are considered private student records unless subpoenaed.